Halloween is upon us!
At Forward Role we love ghouls, goblins and ghosts so when Halloween comes around we like to do it in style! The office is soon to be transformed into a haunted haven of hell (it’s amazing what you can do with fake blood, make up and imagination!)
We thought that to liven up your Halloween we would provide you with a few fun facts about the soon approaching and much anticipated October 31st…
- The largest pumpkin ever recorded was grown by Norm Craven in 1993. It weighed an enormous 380 kg.
- Halloween is the second most commercially successful holiday world-wide after Christmas.
- Thousands of people suffer from ‘Samhainophobia’ which is an irrational fear of Halloween.
- The number one sweet of choice on Halloween is Snickers.
- Halloween can be traced to Celtic culture in Ireland. The holiday began on October 31 and ended the next day. It is believed that all the spirits that had died the previous year would come back and roam the earth for one night.
- A working magician from the age of 17, Harry Houdini became America’s favorite magician and a world-renown legend for his daring escapes. It was only fitting, then, for this master trickster to die on October 31, 1926—from a ruptured appendix.
- Odontophobia is the fear of teeth
- There really are people who consider themselves vampires – and they really do dress in black, roam the nightscape and drink human blood.
If you have any more hair raising Halloween facts, Tweet us @forwardrole.
Happy Halloween everyone!